ACADEMY TRAINING W/C 19th APRIL
Please note our training times are 6.30 until 8pm at Tupton Hall School.
We continue to work within the Government and England Athletics guidelines, therefore, we have a number of questions that you must answer when requesting a space. Before you request a space please read the following terms of training and indicate in your email that you have read and understand them;
• Your child is free from a raised temperature, persistent cough or any other symptoms linked to Covid-19 and is fit and healthy to take part in an athletics training session,
• Your child has not knowingly been in close proximity to a person with Covid-19 or showing symptoms of it and/or has not been sent home from school so should be self-isolating,
• Should your child show any symptoms of Covid-19 following the session or have a positive Covid-19 test you will inform us immediately at the below email address or call Jon Baker on 07801 504 246.
In your email we will require the Athletes Name and an Emergency Contact Number. We will then confirm IF you have a space or not on the evening before the session. For those who wish to register for our sessions with the Academy on Tues 20th and/or Thurs 22nd April please email the below address by 2pm on Mon 19th & Wed 21st April respectively.
Please do not try to book spaces for any other sessions at this time, there may be a different registration process or details may change.
NUNEATON SEASON OPENER
Ellie Oscroft set 2 new personal bests at an open meeting in Nuneaton on 11th April. Ellie’s time of 14.8 seconds in the 100m knocked almost a second off her previous best time & in the 200m she clocked 30.04secs which beat her previous best by over 2 seconds.
ENGLISH SCHOOLS VIRTUAL XC
With the cancellation of the actual championships athletes were given a chance to select their own courses in parks, over school playing fields, country fields, or perhaps on paved footpaths. Runs were completed between 15th and 28th March 2021 and a few of the club’s endurance athletes chose to get involved. For the Junior Girls, who ran a 2k course, Lydia Griffin posted a time of 8 minutes 27 seconds, Gracie Fidler 8 minutes 52 seconds and Macy Helps 10 minutes 4 seconds. Thomas Marriott ran 20 minutes 4 seconds over the Inter Boys 5k distance.
Congratulations to Alex Ediker who took full advantage of the lifting of lockdown to set a new 5km pb on the road at Barrowford, Lancashire on 3rd April. Alex's time of 14:45 knocked 3 seconds off the time he ran in December 2020.
The club’s league fixtures begin at the end of May, and are listed on the Events Calendar of our website. For anybody looking for an open meeting to test out their form you could enter the following events;
• The Run, Jump Throw open meetings in Sheffield on 3rd May, details can be found at https://www.race-results.co.uk/onlineentries/uploads/entry3982.pdf.
• Trafford AC in Manchester are running open meetings every weekend until the middle of May, https://www.traffordac.co.uk/php/index.php?script=openMeetsFixtures&menu_id=18.
• There are also a number of events at Nuneaton & Kettering, details of which you can find on this website; https://entry4sports.co.uk/#/.
• Finally there are the Charnwood Opens held at Loughborough University, these begin mid May and details can be found at https://m.facebook.com/charnwoodacopens.
For 2021 our membership renewals have been reduced to £20 in view of the already shortened training year and the lack of opportunities for members during 2020. Please note that this is only for those who paid a membership in 2020.
Forms can be downloaded from the Membership page of this website. Your memberships will be due once we return to training, w/c 29th March.
For those wishing to pay by bank transfer please download a form and email it to us at email@example.com and we will email you our bank details.
RETURN TO TRAINING
The club will be resuming it's sessions at Tupton Hall School on Tuesday 30th March. Please note our training times are 6.30 until 8pm and we will be outdoors with no access to ANY indoor facilities.
As we did before Christmas, event group coaches will be arranging their own groups so if you're in a sprints, throws, endurance or jumps group please speak to your coach to ensure that they have a space for you.
ENGLAND ATHLETICS REGIONAL VOLUNTEER AWARDS
Congratulations to Jo Wain who has been named the East Midlands Coach of the Year for 2020 for his work with the club’s throws group. To view more details about why Jo was named this year’s winner visit the England Athletics website at; https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/east-midlands-regional-volunteer-awards-winners-and-runners-up/
The club was well represented at the virtual awards ceremony as Shane Proctor was the runner-up in the Volunteer of the Year category.